For detailed breakdowns and process overview, please visit my Artstation portfolio page
AR/VR Designer (Volunteer)
, Zotto, Japanese Arts Network
- Creating Instagram AR filters and preserving Zotto, an immersive IRL theater production virtually. Photogrammetry capture, cleanup, environment artwork, animation, and mixed reality development.
, NDA, Rocket Jump
- Contract rapid research & development prototyping on unannounced .
- Worked closely with client to solely create a playable prototype of a multiplayer first person shooter within a two week timeline. Creating original art, animations, performances, and scripting various mechanics and 3 unique minigames within an example level to get the targeted feel of the final experience. Providing a detailed live burndown chart, documentation, and design notes for further use by other devs / vendors.
Stage Technical Director
, Mufassa: The Lion King, Moving Picture Company (MPC)
- Created virtual production stage & lookdev editor tools in Unreal 4 to automate vizdev/focus pulling/VR, maintained technical documentation and trained coworkers in using tools, Multiuser VR scout operating, render QC & wrangling, created dozens of render configs and environmental art fixes to optimize each set’s shot rendering and created lightweight standalone exhibitions of the project’s tech as well as help act in mocap and assist shots team with animation fixes, mocap acting, effects creation in Houdini
Technical Artist & Designer
, Wing Wor, Dear Mom, Art of Balancing, Ama Inc + Facebook
- Art direction, pipeline and asset creation, scripting implementation of various VR mechanics, editor tools, set dresser and photogrammetry specialist, sole animator, visual effects creation, sound design, prepping marketing copy, archival. Most recently worked on Wing Wor, an intergenerational immigration story in search of identity, as the lead artist where I designed levels and scripted interactions. Games for Change 2023 Nominee for Best Student Game.
- BAFTA 2020 finalist Games For Change Alcove VR honorable mention for Dear Mom a game where I did the environment art, animation, scripting.
Game Design Intern
, Cookie Jam, Jam City San Diego
- Created and tuned levels for mobile match 3 Cookie Jam based on player metrics, worked on two cookie walks (events). First game design intern of the company and paved the way for more.
Character Tech Art Intern
(Egerton Internship), COD, Activision Central Tech
- Motion capture cleaning, characterizing, and pipeline work on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
- Designed an interactive training module as well as created motion graphics & branding materials for ATVI virtual day of service project.
, Space Jam 2, House of Moves
- Metadata discrepancy cleanup for Space Jam 2 for previz & dailies.
Social Media Coordinator (Volunteer)
, Pixel Galaxy, Serenity Forge
- Designed and programmed over 50 enemy waves, patterns, and various permutations for this non-violent bullet hell playable on XBOX One and PC. Made within team of 10. Game in the Smithsonian. Featured on Venture Beat.
, 70+ released games, StevenHarmonGames, LLC
- Created existential vaporwave skateboarding cult hit Griptape Backbone. Remotely coordinated 47-song soundtrack with over 25 musical artists and wrote a virtual desktop with liminal space mechanics to convey narrative outside the game itself. Official Selection for Queertech.io's RMIT Gallery in Melbourne 2019 and Acción Latinx LIFE 2018 Showcase
- Created personal & experimental interactive dream journal Awkward Dimensions Redux that helps people with anxiety. Multiple genres. Given Honorable mention 2017 Independent Game Festival (Best Student Game), Student Finalist Showcase 2017 SXSW Gaming. Featured on Polygon and Rock Paper Shotgun, 300,000+ downloads & Very Positive rating.
- Projects in almost every genre from analog escape rooms and multi-year ARGs to board games and mobile, VR, web, and more! Collaborations, jams, and solo passion projects that toured the festival circuit and gotten media coverage.
Actor, Director, Writer
, DCPA, Ellie Caulkins, NTC, etc.
- Writing & Directing Credits: National Playworks Semifinalist 2016 for Postal, an original one act play about AI. Directed black box production of Waiting For Godot with an all female cast in 2017
- Acting Credits: The Producers / Unwrap Your Candy / RED / Three Sisters / An Incident at Vichy / 42nd Street Denver School of the Arts, Ah Wilderness! National Theater Conservatory, A Prayer for Owen Meany Denver Center for Performing Arts, A Christmas Story Aurora Fox, Nixon in China & The Elixer of Love Ellie Caulkins Opera House
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Design: Unity, Unreal, Greyboxing, Excel, C#, Blueprints, P4V, XDK, HTML/CSS/JS, Win Batch, Linux, AR/VR
Game Art & Animation: Blender, Maya, Motion Builder, Vicon & OptiTrack, Houdini, Shotgun, 2D Art & Animation
Education: University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts bachelor’s in interactive media & Games 22’ organizer: USC Game Space, advisor: MEGA (org), Unity student ambassador, 2-year RA at USC Parkside A&H
Interests: Theater, Education, Tap Dancing, Toilet Research, DIY Electronics, Sewing, Skateboarding, 中文
Copyright (c) 2023 StevenHarmonGames, LLC